Director of Billing & Collections
A well regarded national professional services firm is looking for a service oriented, technology savvy Director of Billing and Collections to direct their billing, collections, and ebilling, involving and interacting with a broad range of people and companies, including frequent and ongoing contact with internal staff, client serving professionals, and clients. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years billing or accounting management experience with a professional services organization (i.e., CPA firm, advisory or consulting, law firm, etc.) where services are primarily time and billing.
The ideal candidate is self-directed, possesses strong writing skills, is comfortable with technology, is knowledgeable about the billing and collections process, can handle multiple projects simultaneously and has exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Direct billing and collections processes for firm
- Direct and manage billing, ebilling, and collections operations managers and staff
- Review, analyze and implement best practices for firm on billing and collections
- Provide strategic advice to firm on revenue enhancement
- Work with all departments, staff and attorneys regarding policies and procedures
- Ensure all staff provide timely billing
- Direct appropriate teams to provide group and individual training of all time and billing software users
- Direct appropriate teams to develop training materials
- Direct appropriate teams to administer all ebilled clients
- Direct appropriate teams on firm collections, designated collectors and collection lawsuits
- Direct appropriate teams on bankruptcy filings, including preparation of all firm proofs of claim
- Ensure all billing, ebilling and collections teams respond to requests from attorneys and clients on various AR, cash and billing issues, timely and accurately
Position Knowledge and Attributes
- Superior knowledge of the firm’s business process, business operations, goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment