Corporate Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant role will perform a variety of accounting duties in compliance with existing procedures, methods and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles various accounts and ledgers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as needed.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete documentation to support assigned account reconciliations in electronic format.
- Researches reconciliation differences and proactively ensure complete and timely resolution. Provide monthly accounting support to explain fluctuations in assigned general ledger accounts.
- Cross trains with other staff in the department as instructed.
- Follows established internal accounting controls.
- Completes assigned training opportunities and shares knowledge with others in the department.
- Responds timely to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of resolving problems and/or providing information.
- Provides support as needed to internal and external auditors and examiners.
Candidate Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, or in a related field.
- 5-7 years’ banking or financial service experience is a must.
- Public company or regional accounting firm experience is required.
- Advanced MS Excel skills is required (including v-lookups, pivot tables, and formulas).
- Able to manage competing priorities; is detail and analytical oriented; has excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.