Accountants One has been hired by a great client to help them identify and hire a Corporate Controller. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level. You have a chance to join an organization at an exciting point in their history. They are in a new office space, experiencing significant financial growth, and have a management team focused on hiring the best and brightest to help them push things further. This role has a lot of high-level exposure reporting directly to the CFO while teaming with high-level division controllers to build the best accounting and finance teams.
The successful candidate for this particular controller role will have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, either in a large CPA firm/Big 4, or a corporate setting involving real estate. The client is looking for the best of the best, someone that has proven the ability to meet challenges and take on a position of this nature early in their career. You will have the chance to learn and be mentored by a CFO with outstanding credentials, but more importantly a person that wants to invest in someone.
- Management of the corporate budget including rolling forecasts and financial models
- Responsible for treasury functions including preparing weekly cash forecast and managing the line of credit
- Team with division controllers for intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Prepare corporate financial statements
- Work closely with external audit and tax partners
- Manage expenses and cost allocations
- Special projects for the CFO and executive management team
- Manage and develop staff so they can take on additional duties when needed
- Accounting degree and CPA required
- Top-rated education preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience,
- Highly prefer Big 4 or corporate experience in mid-cap to large company
- Highly prefer real estate industry experience or exposure