Plant Controller Search: Accountants One is excited to partner with a well-established manufacturing company in Marietta, GA. The Controller role is open due to the current Controller transitioning to another role within the company. The Controller will be tasked with managing accounting processes in a plant that is located out of state. If you are a forward thinker with a focus on continuous improvement and streamlining processes, this may be the role for you.
The Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Performing monthly closing of GAAP financials including full income statement & balance sheet responsibility for off-site plant location.
- Operational analysis, trend projections and variance analysis vs. monthly budget metrics.
- Providing weekly financial reporting of production and expense metrics to management at the plant.
- Inventory Control, including obsolescence monitoring & inventory turn analysis.
- Managing and completing annual budget process.
- Managing Fixed Assets, safeguarding & tracking. Annual inventory reconciliation.
- Overseeing Sales and Use tax filing — keeping current on sales and use tax changes.
- Completing census reports for regulatory agencies as required.
- Participating in all audits as required.
- Leading system integration efforts focusing on accounting transactions, inventory valuations and system reporting discipline.
- Building a strong organizational culture with focus on continuous improvement.
- Driving business analysis and identifying gaps for improvement.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with all levels of management including Plant Management, Plant Staff, Supply Chain, and offshore accounting.
- Product costing.
- Assist in developing employees with the goal of improving the talent level of the finance organization.
- Driven to excellence
- Strong writing skills and even stronger verbal skills
- Leadership skills – no current people management in the current roll
- Desire to grow a long term career
- Highest level of integrity
- Strong degree of tenacity
- Deadline driven
- Team focused
- “Lean” mentality with an ability to streamline processes
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 10 + years of experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- CMA/CPA a must
- MAS 500 ERP exposure a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook; Intermediate Excel skills required
- Ability to travel out of town 6 times a year for 3 days spans