Accountants One is hiring a Controller for corporate office located in downtown Atlanta, Ga. Our client is highly respected in the Atlanta community and is an extremely professional work environment. Free parking!
- Supervise staff accountants. Assist with hiring, supervising and training staff and managing through mentorship, metrics, performance meetings
- Assist with continuous process improvement. Develop new process and procedures.
- Produce month end reports for management as well as deliver ad hoc reports and special projects.
- Participate in work relating to external audits
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support.
- Responsible for accounting for revenue, receivables, cash, investments, fixed assets, trusts, and financial reporting as well as other areas, as assigned.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
- Ensures that all financial records are maintained in compliance with Foundation policies and US GAAP.
- Assists with the monthly closing process including preparing or reviewing adjusting entries, account reconciliations and analysis, and producing internal financial statements in a timely manner.
- 5-7 years’ experience in accounting and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree with CPA and/or MBA highly desired or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing staff with remote management experience a plus
- Experience working in non-profit management is highly desirable
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential documents and information professionally