Accountants One has a client in Cumming that is placing a controller at one of their clients’ distribution center in Cumming. This is a temp to hire position. This Controller will be responsible for all internal controls for the company including managing a staff of 3 to 5 people. This company has a total of 5 companies within the 1 headquarters. They have their own internal system that they use.
- Direct management of employees in Accounting which includes hiring, training and planning work assignments, performance appraisals, compensation review and issue resolution
- Manage financial reporting which includes preparing monthly subsidiary and consolidatedfinancial statements in accordance with US GAAP, cost center reviews, and variance reporting.
- Direct preparation of annual audited financial statements as well as support the income, sales & use, personal property tax and IRS form 5500 filings
- Maintain the system of accounts and records for all Company transactions and assets. This includes General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and International Intercompany accounting
- Coordinate and prepare for the annual budget and financial forecasting processes, including analyzing and reporting on variances.
- Promote the achievement of Productivity (Lean/Six Sigma) goals within the organization and act as financial gatekeeper to validate cost savings and revenue generation reported by project leads and the Director of Productivity
- .Work with Senior Management in driving financial and operational accountability throughout the organization with emphasis on coordination of Sales, Operations and Administrative functional areas.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of GAAP, strong problem solving skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, database management and financial accounting software packages
- Exceptional verbal and written communication aptitude, with strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and concise manner and provide supporting information with analytical and strategic input
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work within a team and independently with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance with strong GAAP accounting knowledge; CPA or MBA is preferred.