Accountants One is excited to report we have been chosen by an Atlanta-based private equity firm to help identify a Controller for one of their new portfolio companies. This is a 30+ year old, custom manufacturer currently at million in revenue and growing. They offer a fantastic opportunity to join a very stable company with a great reputation as it enters a new era in their history. With the new financial partner they can capitalize on the past success by bringing a “best practices” focus and a more KPI & metric driven management to the business.
This role will be a critical member of the senior management team supporting both the CEO and the equity partners. The role requires an energetic, confident Controller with a proven track-record of shepherding a company through growth and implementing more sophisticated processes and reporting. This requires a hands-on, working manager approach, this is not strictly a delegating and reviewing role.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Controller in a manufacturing environment, preferably custom manufacturing. This is not a role focused solely on crunching numbers, the ideal candidate will enjoy learning the entire business and be involved with operations, human resources, and IT in addition to owning the accounting and finance functions. Ideally the candidate will have the proven ability to drive revenue and profit growth through identifying areas across the entire organization that can be upgraded through a best-practices approach.
- Manage accounting staff in all day-to-day accounting to include accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, payroll and bank reconciliations.
- Perform month-end close and produce monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for private equity partners
- Prepare monthly bank covenant reporting package. Help manage and report working capital and loan activities.
- Manage internal and external audits
- Perform cost accounting, identify areas of needed improvement to capture cost drivers and revenue drivers to increase profit margins.
- Special projects as needed for implementing metric-based reporting, best practices, software upgrades, staff development, and overall company improvement.
- Accounting degree from respected university
- CPA preferred
- 10 or more years of management experience
- Manufacturing industry experience required, custom manufacturing preferred
- Experience implementing accounting software preferred
- Experience managing banking relationships and reporting required
- Experience reporting to equity partners preferred