Title: Blackbaud Financial Edge Controller
Location: Atlanta, GA (Westside)
Job Description: Accountants One has been hired by a client on the Westside of Atlanta that has an immediate need for a Controller with Financial Edge expertise for a direct hire opportunity. This person will have extensive experience using Blackbaud and managing projects. This is a senior-level position, working directly with the CFO.
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, system of accounts, and records on all organization transactions and assets.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department staff and functions, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Prepare and issue monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations are completed accurately and timely.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system, and a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Perform various accounting functions according to documented procedures to ensure that monthly and year-end close processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Streamline reconciliation processes to complete relevant accounting tasks on time.
- Prepare reports that outline the organization’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, based on past, present and future operations.
- Coordinate the provision of reports and other information to external auditors for the annual audit and address general ledger related audit control comments.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Assist departments in budgeting financial needs, accelerating cash receipts, and controlling disbursements, overseeing bank balances, proper grant accounting, and evaluating and implementing computerized accounting systems.
- All relevant duties as assigned.
- Experience performing month-end close in Blackbaud
- Extensive experience with Financial Forecasting and Analysis modules
- Managing grants through Blackbaud
- Full-utilization knowledge of Blackbaud Modules
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration
- At least 10 years of accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Skills in budgeting, grants accounting, receivables, financial statement preparation, tax preparation and audit support.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and nonprofit accounting practices, and GAAP.
- Exceptional ability to manage staff effectively.
- Outstanding skills in math, accuracy and precision, interest in business, organized, willingness to follow recommended procedures, honest, patient, good written and oral communication skills, good people skills, and team player.
- MUST HAVE strong Blackbaud Financial Edge knowledge and skills.
- Detailed understanding in the development and implementation of accounting processes and procedures related to financial management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex and highly analytic special projects or assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be task, detail, schedule and priority oriented.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com or call (770) 395-6969.