A 40-year old company has hired Accountants One to help them identify and hire a controller. This is a very stable, profitable manufacturing company that offers outstanding benefits. The average tenure for employees is over 12 years.
The successful candidate will enjoy and thrive in a very hands-on work environment. This is very much a “working manager” and requires someone that understands there will be times you are asked to do the work of the people you manage. The company was founded on a sense of team work and requires people that don’t feel some jobs are beneath them. This role will supervise an a/p clerk and an a/r clerk. The successful candidate must have extensive inventory accounting experience to include charge-backs and costing.
- Manage two accounting clerks in all day-to-day accounting functions
- Process payroll for management and staff-level employees
- Perform month-end close and produce financial statements for two divisions and consolidated financials
- Perform financial analysis on financials
- Perform inter-company accounting entries
- Work closely with CPA firm for tax returns
- Develop internal controls, document standard operation procedures
- Mentor and develop accounting staff