Accounts Receivable Specialist
A repeat client has hired Accountants One to help them find and hire an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The company is very stable, been in business for 30+ years. They offer an exciting and fast-paced environment and great benefits. The successful candidate MUST be able to work and thrive in a VERY fast-paced environment and can handle change. This is a dynamic and fun work environment, but is a with people that have worked for 10 and 15 years.
Duties and Responsibilities: a combination of cash applications, accounts receivable, collections, customer service, reports, and audit support.
- Run credit reports on all new customer applications, using Experian and/or Dun & Bradstreet, and forward to management for approval.
- Assign new customer account numbers and shipping locations, credit limits and terms in the accounting system.
- Maintain customer accounts in accounting system, as it relates to credit (i.e., ensure that all contact information, and credit limits are current).
- Closely monitor accounts for aging and exceeding credit limits.
- Contact customers regarding past due balances and balances approaching credit limits, while providing quality customer service.
- Create past due/collections correspondence as needed.
- Alert management when accounts are in a “red zone” and hold credit when necessary by following procedures.
- Maintain customer contact files in Sales Force and enter relevant notes after customer contact.
- Serve as customer contact regarding all AR issues, including mailing/faxing statements of accounts and special billing invoices.
- Create a Master Cash Receipts spreadsheet.
- Create a Monarch version of the daily accounts receivable trial balance.
- Create Monarch Accounts Receivable Report, aged by due date.
- Maintain UFO Collection Status Spreadsheet Report
- Monitor all automatic electronic transmitted invoices for receipt and accuracy.
- Daily audit of foreign sales accounts (WEX, Fuelman, Voyager, Comdata, CFN, Shell)
- Provide wire for AP on certain clients – monitor account levels
- Support UFO division
- Provide support to controller for periodic bank, financial statement, customer and tax authority audits.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the accounts receivable trial balance to the accounts receivable general ledger balance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting, including collections, credit and receivables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Sales Force (or similar)
- Creative Thinking and proactive.