Accounts Receivable Accountant
A repeat client has hired Accountants One to help them hire an Accounts Receivable Accountant. This is fantastic opportunity to join a 35-year old company with an impressive story of growing and diversifying. They have proven they value their employees by providing a positive work environment and great benefits. This is verified by the number of employees that have been there 10+ and 20+ years, that is a big compliment. This role is being created due to the continued growth of their business, great time to join!
The successful candidate for this A/R Accountant role will be someone with experience handling charge-backs and deductions. It requires the ability to research transactions and follow a paper trail to be able to confirm appropriate deductions or charge-backs were taken. The successful candidate will have EDI experience with big-box retailers, or similar systems experience. There may be multiple invoices being paid with one payment and requires ability to find correct invoices to post to.
- Perform cash posting, accurate cash application to correct accounts and invoices
- Reconcile client accounts, correctly recording deductions and charge-backs
- Verify the appropriateness of the deductions and charge-backs per the client contract
- Filing of disputes when needed
- Verify inventory returns against deductions
- Investigate misapplied payments and non-payments
- Accounting or Business degree preferred
- 2 or more years of experience with A/R in a multi-division company
- 2 or more years of EDI experience, including research
- 2 or more years of high-volume, complex A/R payments
- Experience reconciling client accounts
- MAS 90, Sage 100 or similar ERP experience required