Accounts Payable Coordinator
Responsible for all accounts payable and reconciliation of business credit card statements. Maintain various financial reports that are part of the monthly reporting package and other clerical support for the Finance department.
- Timely invoice and expense payment processing for all vendors and employees
- Verification and reconciliation of all authorized credit card purchases.
- Maintain Vendor files ensuring that all payments have adequate backup information to justify the amount paid.
- Code all payments to appropriate general ledger account.
- Prepare 1099s at year end.
- Maintain GRN on a weekly basis.
- Verifies, codes and posts details of financial business transactions in company ledger.
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly cash forecast.
- Assists the Accountant and Controller with special projects as required and provides feedback as needed.
- Reviews and provides explanation of month to month variances in assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist with month end close as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related experience is the minimum requirement for this position.
- Preferred: Associates degree or 2-year certificate in an Accounting/Finance discipline with at least three years’ relevant experience.
- Candidates with a BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline and one year of experience may be considered.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, Syspro experience is a plus.
- Must have prior Accounts Payable experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be versatile and work independently.
- High degree of commitment, initiative, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent follow through and the ability to work in a fast paced and challenging entrepreneurial environment.
Advanced working knowledge of Excel (spreadsheets, functions, formulas) and intermediate skills with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, outlook, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook. Knowledge of Accounting software; Syspro experience preferred but not required