Accountants One has been asked to find an Accounting Manager for a successful manufacturing company in Georgia. This role will assist the Manager of Finance and Accounting at a single plant location in providing company financial planning, production cost, and financial closing. This role will also help ensure that company accounting procedures conform to U.S. GAAP and will work closely with parent company in reporting.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Must be able to handle all company tax related issues
- Oversee Accounting and Finance operations
- Cost accounting analysis
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues and expenses
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Continue to develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash, and credit management, and accounting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
- CPA preferred but not required
- 5+ years of upper level accounting and/or finance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge of cost accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- SAP experience preferred
- High Organizational Skills required
- Work requires professional written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
The Physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- May be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel domestic US and/or international if needed
- May be required to wear safety Personal Protective Equipment for eyes, face, head, feet, hearing, hands and arms
To perform this job this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.