Accountants One has been hired to help a fantastic CPA firm hire an Accounting Manager for their Client Services division. This is a CPA firm with a long history in Georgia. They have offices in multiple cities in Georgia and are growing!
The successful candidate can be a non-degreed Bookkeeper with extensive QuickBooks experience or someone with a degree that has reached an Accounting Manager or Controller level. The Client Services division acts as an out-sourced accounting department for their clients. It is more similar to corporate accounting than the typical tax or audit functions within a CPA firm. Are you good with people, enjoy client contact and helping solve business issues? This is a role that allows you to do all of that for the CPA firm’s clients. The successful candidate needs confidence in their ability to assess a situation, find the problems and help fix them.
- Full cycle accounting including A/P and A/R through month-end close and producing financial statements
- Software implementation, setting clients up on the appropriate software like QuickBooks, Sage or similar small business software
- Client interaction, asking questions to confirm expectations and help resolve issues
- Working with CPA Partners on special projects for their clients
- Working closely with the tax and audit departments
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and project work for clients
- Account reconciliations, bank reconciliations
- Clean up accounting systems
- Accounting degree preferred for senior level
- Experience with bookkeeping and no degree accepted for bookkeeping level
- QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, SAGE, similar small business accounting software experience
- Three or more years of bookkeeping experience
- Client-focused personality, not afraid to interact with clients
- Advanced Excel preferred